Owning and operating a franchise is no easy task and statistics show that failure rates equal those of independent small businesses, so it is imperative for prospective franchisees to seek out and use every available informational resource. Experts at Bluemaumau.org list some of the best online resources available and include The American Association of Franchisees and Dealers, The Franchise Business Review, Franchise Times, The Franchise Handbook and several websites, including Blue MauMau. For more on this continue reading the following article from Blue MauMau.
The Internet is a great place to research and learn about franchising. There are many websites, blogs, and ezines filled with franchising news and information. There’s so many good franchise resources, in fact, that the sheer amount of information available may become overwhelming (yes, we’re officially in the “Too Much Information Age”).
I’m guessing you don’t have 24 hours a day to devote to finding and digesting all of the franchise information out there on the web, so here’s my short and sweet list of top online franchise resources:
(may include ads)
- Bluemaumau.org, the world’s premier blog about franchising news.
- eAuth.com, a network of consultants that connect franchise buyers with franchises.
- The Franchise Business Review
- Franchise Help, a top franchise directory
- FranchWire.com, a website dedicated to information and news of relevance to franchisees and franchisors.
- FranSurvey.com, a site that provides franchise ratings and reviews
- Franchise Times, news and information about franchising
- The Franchise Handbook Online, a directory of franchise opportunities.
- FranchiseKnowHow.com, news, information, and resources about the franchise industry
- Franchising.com, a complete franchise resource
- Franchise.org, International Franchise Association
- UFOCS.com, a searchable library of over 6,400 franchise concepts
This article was republished with permission from Blue MauMau.