David Nilssen founded his company, Guidant Financial, in 2003. Since then, David has helped over 7,000 aspiring entrepreneurs fund the business or franchise of their dreams. Today, Guidant is one of the most innovative small business financing companies in the country. In addition to traditional business financing vehicles like: SBA loans, unsecured loans and equipment financing, Guidant also helps individuals finance their businesses using retirement funds – without facing distribution or tax penalties.
David is regularly invited to speak at top venues throughout the country as a leading expert in small business financing.
Under his leadership, Guidant has received many honors, including:
- Fastest Growing Companies, WA CEO Magazine (#6 in 2007, #19 in 2008)
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Blue Ribbon Small Business (2007 & 2008)
- Bellevue Chamber of Commerce Eastside Small Business of the Year (2007)
- Best Companies to Work For (2007 & 2008)
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce NW Regional Small Business of the Year (2007)
- Inc. Magazine, Inc. 500 List (#384 in 2008, #945 in 2009)
In 2007, the Small Business Administration (SBA) named Nilssen the National Young Entrepreneur of the Year and the Puget Sound Business Journal named him one of the top 40 businesspeople under 40 years of age. In both 2008 & 2009, Ernst and Young named him a finalist for their coveted Entrepreneur of the Year award.
An avid entrepreneur, Nilssen has founded several businesses within the service industry, including a real estate agency and property management firm and a real estate development company.
David serves on boards for both the Entrepreneur Organization and Youth Ventures Seattle.
In this article