Recently, I met the owner of a well-known precious metals web site and I popped this question to him: "What do you think about investing in silver?"
His reply was both profound and accurate. "David," he said, "The smart money is moving into gold, but the SMARTEST money is moving into silver!"
Investing in silver is a great way to make money, especially if you are looking to secure your future or your retirement. But of course, just like any type of investing, there are no guarantees. You need to know what you are doing and what the silver market is all about before you can get too involved. This is the only way to make sure that you give yourself every possible advantage to benefit from silver investing.
7 Silver Investing Tips That Will Help You Make More Money
1. Take a close look at the market before you decide that silver investing is right for you. Investing in silver is different than investing in stocks and bonds.
2. Educate yourself. If you are not sure how investing in silver works, touch base with a professional who can help you with the buying and selling process.
3. Complete effective online research. Be careful of the information you find. There's so much information online about silver investing, but a lot of it is misinformation. You want to learn from experts who are in the trenches tracking the silver market and making investments every day. For example, the information that you will find on http://www.silver-investor.com is based on my experiences and knowledge from following the silver market daily for more than thirty years.
4. Get familiar with the many different ways that you can invest in silver. You can invest in silver mining companies, silver ETFs, silver futures, silver bullion and silver coins. The sure-fire way to invest in silver without the worry is to invest in bullion or coins. This is the place to start — real metal for your future. You don't have to pay for a mining company's energy costs. And you don't have to buy 1000 to 5000 ounces in a futures contract that carries too much risk for a beginning silver investor.
5. If you are looking to invest in silver coins and silver bars then you need to know this trick -- Find sellers who are selling as close to the spot price of silver as possible (spot plus a reasonable fee). A general rule is that the more silver you are buying the less percentage of fees you should be expected to pay. When buying coins to invest in their silver content be certain you are not buying coins for their numismatic value (the value to a collector of rare coins).
6. Before you invest in silver, make sure you calculate how much you can invest between your IRA rollover funds, cash on hand and other assets that you wish to turn into silver. Be sure to keep your emergency fund mostly in cash for unforeseen expenses. You don't want to bite off (invest) more than you can chew (afford).
7. Stay on top of the market. There are times to buy. And, there are times to sell. Yes, at some point, it may be better to sell some or perhaps even all of your silver holdings for currency, depending on the bull market and your personal investment goals. But the only way you know when to buy or sell is if you have current silver market investing information at your fingertips.
Here's a Bonus Silver Investing Tip For You…
Get started now. The time to invest in silver is today!
What are you waiting for?
Put my tips into action and start investing in silver right away.