What is the investment?
The purchase of land rights in agricultural land in Ukraine
Why is Obelisk, who has previously only offered property investment, recommending this investment?
- Production of grains is at a historical 30 year-low, and yet consumption continues to grow, hitting a record high of 35 million tonnes in 2008. As a result, a significant gap between supply and demand has emerged.
- Known as the ‘bread basket of Europe’, home to rich fertile soils and already the world’s 10th largest cereal exporter, Ukraine is an obvious choice for land.
- 70% of all land in Ukraine is agricultural land, of which 40% is black-earth soil (rich, fertile and ideal for crop growing) – the most fertile soil in Europe.
- According to the World Bank: "Ukraine is in a position to make a significant contribution to the international food crisis, while providing attractive investment".
- Structured exit strategy at 5 years to an institutional fund.
- Soft commodities futures market valued at $250 Billion annually.
- Institutional funds have poured £8 billion into agricultural land, despite the economic downturn.
For more information please goto Ukraine Agricultural Land.