When it comes to investing the call that is often heard is that of diversification. Many times people think of stocks, bonds and real estate but rarely will they consider investing in collectibles. Collectibles include jewelry, silver, comic books and even stamps. These are things that store value but without the insecurity that goes with stocks and bonds. They provide a safe place to store your money and yet have the potential to yield capital gains.
Diamonds are such and investment. Along with other collectibles and hard assets they provide portfolio balance, hedge your investments against inflation, have a lower level or market volatility, can provide a stable income and can potentially appreciate in capital. Most people who collect diamond jewelry do so also because they enjoy wearing and owning diamonds. There are challenges that face collectible and hard asset investment, but a determined person can easily get past them.
Considerations for Investing in Diamonds
There are certain things that you will need to learn about diamonds as an investment:
· You need to find out all the information you can about investing in diamond jewelry
· You need to find out where you can purchase your diamonds. Diamond wholesalers selling online are an option that you should consider since buying diamonds wholesale will save you money.
Claim up to $26,000 per W2 Employee
- Billions of dollars in funding available
- Funds are available to U.S. Businesses NOW
- This is not a loan. These tax credits do not need to be repaid
· Find a source of pricing data that is reliable
· Consider the cost of storing your diamonds as you get a bigger cache
As usual, it is recommended that you have a variety of other investments. Diamonds should only be a portion of your portfolio and not the whole of it.
Investing Like the Wealthy
Over the years, wealthy individuals in society have invested in hard assets such as diamonds. They have done so for several different reasons as follows:
· For decades, investing in such assets has brought excellent results.
· Because they have no correlation with stocks and bonds they have not been affected negatively when the market has. Issues such as political unrest or even inflation do not have any negative impact on the value of hard assets unlike the stock market which often suffers.
· They are a hedge against the more traditional investments which from time to time tend to perform poorly.
With diamonds you have the option of passing them down the family line for generation after generation. With time their value increases even more. Should there be a time when the family falls into hard times, they can easily and conveniently cash in some of the diamonds and find a way out of the difficulty.
Diamonds have been known as a symbol of both love and marriage. However, today they are becoming an investment vehicle that can give great potential returns. By purchasing your diamonds at a wholesale price, you will also be increasing your profit margin in the future when you do decide to sell. Make wise decisions in regards to how much you will put towards this particular investment and enjoy the benefits that arise from your investment.