Small businesses can get their accounting, CRM, employee benefit, and banner creation software for free. These free solutions are often excellent and will satisfy the needs of many small businesses, without having to upgrade to paid versions of the software.
How do these free software products make money?
- They sell advertising. When using their product, you may see banners or receive emails promoting the products of other companies. For example, the accounting software company sends emails promoting a business VoIP offering, and an online postage provider.
- They sell complimentary services. The companies want to create a business relationship with your company, in order to gain information about your needs and build trust. The free employee benefits company makes money selling health insurance. The accounting software company sells payroll software. The banner creation software agency has a platform for buying online advertising.
- They are positioning themselves for when you become a larger company. The products may be free for smaller companies. For example, the CRM product is free for up to three users. Your company will need to move to paid versions to have 4 different people using the CRM package.
Who are these free software providers?
Wave Accounting (www.waveapp.com) – Free bookkeeping software. Comparison to Quickbooks
Wave Accounting is an excellent solution for companies with less than 10 employees. It’s much simpler to use than Quickbooks. However, the software is not customized for specific industries, and does not offer the integration with other software systems that is provided by Quickbooks.
insightly (www.insightly.com) – Free CRM software. Read detailed review. Comparison To Zoho
Claim up to $26,000 per W2 Employee
- Billions of dollars in funding available
- Funds are available to U.S. Businesses NOW
- This is not a loan. These tax credits do not need to be repaid
An great customer relationship management software which is perfect for keeping track of contacts, scheduling tasks, and simple project management.
Zenefits (www.zenefits.com) – Free employee benefits software.
This software does everything from keeping tracking of employee attendance (sick days / vacation days) to enabling you to update information with your payroll provider.
bannnersnack (www.bannersnack.com)– Free banner creation software.
There is an alternative to going on a freelancer site and hiring a designer. Bannersnack enables non-designers to easily create professional looking banners for free.