The struggling U.S. economy is making the margins tight for many of the nation’s small businesses, and better business tools are becoming more important to keep performance on track. That’s why BestVendor has developed a directory of business apps by polling small-business owners and asking them what tools they would recommend to fellow owners. Two of the top recommended tools are SpringMetrics and Ubuntu One. The former is a customer conversion tracking program for e-commerce and the latter is a personal cloud storage tool for multimedia files. For more on this continue reading the following article from TheStreet.
Which business apps, software and Web services are most loved by small-business owners?
While it’s easy to say anything created by Google(GOOG), Intuit(INTU), Apple(AAPL) and eBay’s(EBAY) PayPal are some of the most used applications by start-ups and small businesses, there are a bunch of smaller names that are “beloved” by business owners.
BestVendor has created a social directory of sorts to help small businesses make smarter buying decisions through peer recommendations.
Claim up to $26,000 per W2 Employee
- Billions of dollars in funding available
- Funds are available to U.S. Businesses NOW
- This is not a loan. These tax credits do not need to be repaid
Roughly 3,000 start-up and small-business owners told BestVendor which “work apps” they use the most and if they would recommend them to others. Here is the cream of the crop. (The list includes only applications that were used at least 20 times.)
1. SpringMetrics is a real-time customer conversion tracking program for e-commerce businesses, offering Web-based performance reports, conversion trends and other analytics so businesses can grow revenue and customers.
2. Ubuntu One is a personal cloud storage and sharing tools for multimedia files.
3. Toodledo is a Web-based productivity tool that can offer project collaboration and management of a user’s to-do list.
4. Trello offers users real-time project management collaboration for projects and tasks from multiple users into one tool.
5. Prezi is cloud-based presentation software that connects whiteboards and slides. The tool is for sharing ideas to create a more engaging presentation that can be co-developed by team members anywhere.
This article was republished with permission from TheStreet.