While gaming has been touted as one of the most promising use cases for the blockchain, it has arguably managed to stay stuck in the Stone Age and — for the most part — has failed to live up to the hype. A budding project called Night Life Crypto is hoping to change that by reaching real gamers, helping blockchain gaming to attain its potential, and raising the standard for the rest of the industry. It is a tall order but one that the developers behind the Night Life Crypto platform, Night Life Labs, LTD, are betting on.
Night Life Crypto (NLIFE) is the native cryptocurrency for the Night Life Crypto project, an on-chain trustless gaming platform that harnesses the power of decentralized finance (DeFi) and a second-layer solution comprising Binance Smart Chain and Turtle Network. The Night Life Crypto team’s vision is to represent “next-gen blockchain gaming” by building a platform on which gamers can do what they do best (play games) in a zero-fee environment (for arcade games) while also generating returns via staking.
While there is no shortage of blockchain gaming offerings, Night Life seeks to differentiate itself by offering high-quality modern arcade games, a deck-building trading card game, and casino gaming. Most blockchain gaming platforms out there choose one or the other and so far have largely failed to ignite the magic spark with gamers.
Night Life Crypto Mechanics
Night Life Crypto combines gaming with DeFi and the blockchain. The platform incentivizes users with achievements in the form of non-fungible tokens (NFTs), which are all the rage, and of which there are five that can be attained per game and eventually directed toward trading with other users on a future marketplace or cashed in for prizes. NLIFE token holders can also participate in the latest DeFi craze by using their tokens to provide liquidity on decentralized exchange PancakeSwap while staking their liquidity tokens to earn a share of the fees tied to sell orders.
The NLIFE token is tradeable on Binance Smart Chain. Night Life Crypto has partnered with the Turtle Network blockchain, which is known for its speed and low transaction cost, to build the gaming platform on. PancakeSwap is used for staking.
- There is a 2.5% tax on Pancakeswap transfer fees (except for sending to/from the platform)
- Of that, 1.5% goes to liquidity stakers while 1% goes to the project for future development
Night Life Crypto suggests that its “tokenomics allow for natural price increases over time.” Here’s what we know:
- NLIFE has a maximum supply of 3,425,000
- The circulating supply at the token-generating event is 800,000 NLIFE
- The gateway supply, or bank for casino winnings, is 1,500,000 NLIFE
- All user losses in the casino go back into the gateway, reducing sell pressure.
Pre-Sale Token Release Schedule
- 250,000 NLIFE tokens will be released at launch
- Presale tokens will be released every 30 days for the first four months for a total of 262,500 NLIFE
- Presale tokens will be released every 30 days for months five and six for a total of 37,500 NLIFE
Night LIfe Crypto is being developed by the aforementioned Night Life Labs, LTD. The project boasts a team of advisors and partners, including:
- Draeth — Project advisor; President of the Blockchain Privacy, Security & Adoption Alliance (BPSAA); and Captain of Pirate Chain
- DreamTim — BPSAA VP of marketing; Pirate Chain head of marketing.
- Wolf —Technology advisor; Polarity.exchange CBO; Turtle Network advisor
- Aureus (Polarity.exchange) —Partner; Platform development; Game development
- Trustless — The Night Life Crypto platform is trustless while transactions are open-source and verifiable on the blockchain. This is a big deal for gaming and casinos, where there is a lack of transparency associated with off-chain activity.
- Privacy — Night Life Crypto doesn’t collect personal information on users. Gamers have the option to create anonymous accounts without the need for an email address. If they so choose, users can provide an email address and access on-chain two-factor authentication (2FA) for greater security.
- Two-layer solution: The use of two blockchains, Binance Smart Chain and Turtle Network, is unique for a gaming platform. This allows Night Life Crypto to access a dedicated platform for trading the NLIFE token and another for gaming without having to compromise or settle for a single network.
- Zero transaction fees for all game transactions, and while the platform uses Binance Smart Chain (BSC), there is no need for gamers to hold Binance Coin (BNB) in their wallets and instead can spend NLIFE tokens to send their funds back to BSC.
- Non-custodial wallets — Users control their own wallets, which are generated on the platform. If you’re familiar with ‘not your keys, not your crypto,’ then you know how important it is to own your own seed phrase for the wallet and control your own funds and rewards, which is precisely what Night Life Crypto lets users do.
- The team is seemingly accessible on social channels including Discord, Instagram, Twitter, Bittube, Medium, Telegram and Flote.
- Blockchain gaming has not yet hit its stride, despite all the hype. While the Night Life Crypto can certainly talk a good game, it remains to be seen whether real gamers will actually flock to the platform.
- Competition from the traditional gaming industry, including Steam and Origin.
- While Night Life Crypto has some unique features to offer users, the blockchain gaming decentralized app (dApp) space is quite crowded and only a lucky few have hit it big, such as CryptoKitties.
- While the NLIFE token can be traded separately on BSC, its value is tied to its use case on the Turtle Network.
- The project is still being built. While they have five casino games, the arcade and trading card portfolios seemingly have yet to be created. The NFT marketplace is also still being built.
Night Life Crypto has big plans for Q2 2021, including:
- IDO listings
- Contract and game auditing
- Arcade game demo releases
- More game development and releases
- NFT marketplace release
There is a great deal of risk associated with investing in cryptocurrencies — especially new tokens — and in some cases more so than other asset classes. We advise you to “do your own research” (DYOR) and perform your own due diligence prior to investing. For more information on Night Life, or to review their full white paper, you can visit https://nightlifecrypto.com.